Hot chocolate is one of those things that change your life forever. There is no better pleasure than being able to go to your favorite bar and order this fantastic drink, especially during the winter. The real hot chocolate that you can order in any specialized chocolate shop is thick, rich and the true essence of what chocolate in a glass should be on a cold day.
In the following article we’ll look at the recipe for the perfect hot chocolate.
The main ingredient for preparing hot chocolate in the catering sector, especially at those times of the year when this recipe becomes the main ally to combat the cold, is chocolate in sachets, i.e. in powder form.
The best thing is that this drink is very easy to prepare with a professional coffee machine, using the part that heats the milk. In addition, for those customers who do not want to notice the bitter taste of chocolate, you can choose to add a dash of maple syrup, vanilla or cinnamon, among others. We assure you that there is no better way to surprise your customers.
Are you a restaurant/café that offers hot chocolate by the cup? We help you to prepare the perfect one!
Ingredients for making hot chocolate
The first thing to be clear about before you start is the ingredients you will need:
- 150 ml of milk aprox.
- Single-dose sachet of 30 g of dark hot chocolate (powdered)
- Ground cinnamon, vanilla or a dash of syrup (optional)
Hot chocolate recipe
Once the ingredients are clear, it is time to start preparing the chocolate. To do this, we will follow the steps below. Please note that this may vary slightly depending on whether you want liquid or thicker chocolate:
- The first thing you need to do is to add 30 grams of single-dose dark chocolate powder like the ones we have at Café Arabo to a jug, as this is the easiest way to make the barista’s job easier.
- Next, add the 150 ml of milk to the same jug. Once you have the two ingredients together, use the shuttle of the professional coffee machine in your catering business to heat the combination of milk and chocolate powder without emulsifying. It needs to be well blended until it has an ideal, rich and shiny texture.
- If desired, add a pinch of sugar to make it sweeter, although it is not necessary.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy. You can also add ground cinnamon or vanilla for an extra special touch of taste.
If you want your chocolate to be more liquid, you should add more milk to dissolve it. Remember that the presentation of the drink is one of the most important parts, as the first impression is always the most important. Opt for innovate by adding vanilla, cinnamon or even cream to turn it into a typical Swiss.